I decided to change it up one more time. I’m very content with this version. I redesigned it completely in fusion 360 and went through about 4 test prints before being satisfied with the end result.
few of the changes include
-Reduced and shaped oval
-Made pink balls a tad smaller
-Reduced size of blue cylinder
-Changed the blue ring pattern
-widened the indents in the flat cylinder and lessened the depth
-Redesigned the 3 rings at the end of gun
-rounded out the handle and extended it a bit for a better grip and feel
-Trigger is a little thicker
Interested in Purchasing? BUY HERE
Finally got my white PLA in and was very content with the way it turned out. I decided to go back and try and make some changes to the overall design to get it a bit closer to the film prop.
Changed the ring around the oval and the top part that holds the three small balls.
Very happy with the changes.
Glueing the items together was somewhat challenging. With the help of meshmixer, I was able to create a boolean union to lock the slices together.
Here’s a preview with a little yellow paint.
Ive received a few inquiries regarding the DIY Raygun posted a few years ago. Most requests were people wanting to purchase the finalized product. I decided to take a crack at modeling a 3d version of the gun with the hopes of getting it 3d printed. Thankfully we were able to accomplish this with a help of a friend who has a 3d printer and knows a little about prepping and printing 3d models.
Here’s a shot of my boys.
I started off with a few rough sketches including this one:
After a few modifications, ended up with this.
OCD is a mofo. I finally stopped at this model and sent it to my co worker who printed it out and the results were pretty awesome.
Pic of the first printed version. My co worker printed it at 75% as a test print. I fixed a few issues on this version and ended up with the following:
Pretty darn proud of it. Im already making modifications to this version to make it a tad bigger and a little bit more detailed.
Made 3 more revisions and ended up with this one.